Tuesday, October 7, 2008

cuilacan, mexico


i haven't had internet for awhile, but i can finally blog again! i have a lot of catching up to do so i'll do my best.
well, first of all we were told that culiacan was a really dangerous city. but luckily while i was there i definitely felt really safe wherever i was. and again i didn't have a room mate. my family only spoke spanish, except for my host dad. i was able to communicate with my host mom though, which was really cool. i know more spanish than i realize! haha. i was sick one day, so i only did community service one day. but it was really neat; we painted some murals on a wall in a local food bank. it was sooooo hot there! but i had a really good time. we had two shows and they were indoors! except the gym we were in had a leaky ceiling and it rained a lot... haha so that floor got really wet and we had buckets set up everywhere. but i can't complain because we finally had air conditioning in mexico during our show! yayyyy. :)

at the food bank with matt, caitlin, zach, and mariana. 
my host sister sibely and my host dad ricardo at lunch one day.
my slightly psychotic host brother diego...


me and the host family above the city of culiacan!


this week was made possible all thanks to lisa giraudi! thank you so much, i had an amazing week in mexico!

1 comment:

Ricardo Quintero said...

Hi Kelsey !!!

We have received your letter from Arizona. It was a great surprise !

Thank you for your words and we hope you enjoy your trip and return to the USA ...

Best regards.

Ricardo, Hidaelia, Sibely, Ricardo Isaac and Diego